‘All of a sudden now when I open Chrome I get a 2nd tab that opens to http://search.fantastigames.com/453. How can I remove that? It is not a program that can be removed via control panel and I have no extensions related to it.’
Some people would like to remove fantastigames redirect because they used to get a window that open to favorite sites. While others who don’t mind the start up page will live with it and take fantastigames as a useful search engine.
Here’s the image:
Tee Support agents 24/7 online have found that people with fantastigames redirect are attacked by various virus such as disk antivirus professional, FBI cyber crime ukash virus, and additional search redirect virus.
ATTENTION: Tee Support technicians 24/7 online herein warn that fantastigames fake search engine can be dangerous. Do not remove it only to be far away from annoying situation that fantastigames.com comes up in a second new tab automatically. To show how dangerous fantastigames.com is, we draw a conclusion for reference:
- Homepage is replaced with fantastigames.com, and will not be changed back;
- Frequently get redirected to fantastigames.com and other affiliate pages;
- Random ad pop ups automatically quite often with no end;
- Certain sites are blocked, especially those provide security tools;
- Multiple tasks freeze up sometimes;
- Security-related softwares seem to work improperly.
Cerebral Way to Delete Fantastigames Redirect Completely
1. Get into the Safe Mode with Networking
step: Reboot your computer. As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to highlight "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press Enter key.
2. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items
3. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
4. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
5. Show hidden files
step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by fantastigames:
6. Open Windows Task Manager and close all fantastigames running processes.
step: Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
7. Delete all registry values related to fantastigames in your local hard disk C.
step: Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.