He is confused about how to remove securepaths.com.
"I have a particularly nasty little beast "securepaths.com" that pops into my browser history and slows the PC to a crawl.... its still there..did a search on BC and don't see anything .. could someone direct me to any recommendation please?"
What is securepaths.com?
securepaths.com appears as a domain that is annoying. It's also known as a redirect that constantly appears to interrupt your online activities. Obviously, browsers like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox are its targets.
Let's get to know what roles will securepaths.com play when you are doing different things.
When you are downloading...
When you are downloading freeware from the unofficial websites, securepaths.com disguises itself as a bundle or a component in order to get itself installed with your wanted freeware at the same time. You have no idea that securepaths.com is also being downloaded in the background. (Tip: never download from the unofficial websites or corrupted one. They are easily bundled with extra malware.) And you are also forced to attach securepaths.com on your browser. (Tip: you can choose Customize Installation to cancel the pre-checked-unwanted items.)
When you are starting up your browsers...
When you are starting up your browsers, securepaths.com appears on your browser as an add-on or an extension. Thus, it makes sure its automatic popping-up. securepaths.com opens itself randomly without your permission. Sometimes 2 or 3 tabs are opened and redirect you to some spam websites with annoying ads.
When your computer is being attacked by securepaths.com...
When your computer is being attacked by securepaths.com, you have do deal with more troubles than you think.
- The computer is largely degraded. It takes a couple of minutes just to download a simple webpage.
- More and more ads are popping up on your PC to flood the screen.
- Your personal privacy information like browsing activities, the account log-in details can be tracked and gathered for the cyber criminals.
- The longer you keep securepaths.com on your PC, the more additional unwanted programs like adware and brower hijacker can easily get on your PC since the system has been vulnerable.
As you can see, securepaths.com is nothing nice but a trouble maker. The sooner you remove it, the better for your computer and the security of your personal information.
How to Remove securepaths.com Easily and Completely?
Plan A: Remove securepaths.com manually
Click Start>Control Panel
Click Programs>Uninstall a Program
Search for the unwanted application securepaths.com> right click securepaths.com and choose Uninstall
Press Windows+R> input msconfig>click OK
Click Startup> input msconfig>check for the list> find securepaths.com and Un-check it (uncheck the ones you don't want)>click OK
Remove it from Internet Explorer
- launch up IE> click Tools (click on gear icon in IE9/IE10)> choose Internet Option
- Internet Option window> Advanced tab> click Restore Advance Settings> click on Reset
- tick Delete personal settings> click on Reset
- reset the homepage
Remove it from Google Chrome
- open Google Chrome>click on Settings>choose configuration page> search for Open a specific page or set of pages> click on Set Pages
- find configuration page> search for Manage search engines and click it> get Default search engine settings> change your default search engine
- search for these 2 options: Make Defaul&Close button “x” to delete the search engine.
- make default your Google search engine and delete all one by one
- reset the homepage
- open troubleshooting information from browser Firefox
- get Help menu and click Troubleshooting information
- with page of Trouble shooting informaiton, search for Reset Firefox and click on Reset
- reset the homepage
Note: If you think the manual removal is complicated and you really want to be a lazy guy, no worries, there is still a perfect solution for you - Download and Install Spyhunter to Remove securepaths.com Automatically. The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can remove securepaths.com just like hands down for you.
Plan B: Remove securepaths.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block it
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.