This unlucky guy has been hit by warning-usa-8l.in.
"I am not really a computer person but recently i clicked a link on a website and it led me to a window with the URL "warning-usa-8l.in". It really startled me and I'm not sure what to do. I quit the page and when I did a box popped up that said, "
Are you sure you want to leave this page?
YOUR BROWSER HAS BEEN BLOCKED UP FOR SAFETY REASONS.
ALL PC DATA WILL BE DETAINED.
ALL YOUR FILES ARE ENCRYPTED.
I have looked it up and I know that it is a known virus. Is there any way to be sure its a virus and that I'm not actually in trouble?
My browser is working fine now, but will it quit working once the time runs out? Please help as I have many online components to my classes at University!
Thanks so much in advance.
warning-usa-8l.in blackmails you with the fake message.
warning-usa-8l.in redirect is deemed as an adware, aiming at collecting money by scaring you with the encrypted files. Once it gets on your PC, it displays a webpage claiming your browser has been blocked and files have been encrypted. Attention! Never buy what warning-usa-8l.in says. It's messages are fake and you need to remove it as soon as you can.
It typically gets on your PC via your clicking on the malicious links or installing freeware from the internet without paying much attention to it. It’s not a virus and won’t act like a malicious one but its popping-up and the ads won’t make you annoyed. It deeply affects the surfing experience and constantly redirects you to the infected websites that maybe planted with trojan.
You shouldn’t underestimate its appearance. The warning-usa-8l.in you don’t know:
• It changes windows registry.
• It performs the modification of your default browser like search engine.
• It delivers spam ads that may lead you to fake or corrupted webpages which will make the computer vulnerable to online attacks.
• It tracks down your browsing activities and gather the information like search key words and account log in details for the third party.
• It largely slows down your PC by running amount of processes in the background. As you are experiencing the annoying warning-usa-8l.in, you are strongly suggested to remove it out of your PC at once to protect your PC from the online attacks.
You are going to remove warning-usa-8l.in completely.
Plan A: Remove warning-usa-8l.in manually
Click Start>Control Panel
Click Programs>Uninstall a Program
Search for the unwanted application warning-usa-8l.in> right click warning-usa-8l.in and choose Uninstall
Press Windows+R> input msconfig>click OK
Click Startup> input msconfig>check for the list> find warning-usa-8l.in and Un-check it (uncheck the ones you don't want)>click OK
Remove it from Internet Explorer
- launch up IE> click Tools (click on gear icon in IE9/IE10)> choose Internet Option
- Internet Option window> Advanced tab> click Restore Advance Settings> click on Reset
- tick Delete personal settings> click on Reset
- reset the homepage
Remove it from Google Chrome
- open Google Chrome>click on Settings>choose configuration page> search for Open a specific page or set of pages> click on Set Pages
- find configuration page> search for Manage search engines and click it> get Default search engine settings> change your default search engine
- search for these 2 options: Make Defaul&Close button “x” to delete the search engine.
- make default your Google search engine and delete all one by one
- reset the homepage
- open troubleshooting information from browser Firefox
- get Help menu and click Troubleshooting information
- with page of Trouble shooting informaiton, search for Reset Firefox and click on Reset
- reset the homepage
Note: If you think the manual removal is complicated and you really want to be a lazy guy, no worries, there is still a perfect solution for you - Download and Install Spyhunter to Remove warning-usa-8l.in Automatically. The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can remove warning-usa-8l.in just like hands down for you.
Plan B: Remove warning-usa-8l.in automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block it
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.