MetaSearch has hijacked your browser without any notification?
Can't get back your default homepage?
Can't stop the additional ads from popping up?
It's time to fix the computer issue. Let's do it.
What is MetaSearch?
MetaSearch is tagged as a browser hijacker. It definitely performs the modification of your default browsers. It targets the popular browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Once it sneaks on successfully, it replaces the homepage and the search engine of your default browsers. It attaches itself onto the browsers as an add-on or an extension to ensure new tabs open with MetaSearch webpage and replacing your default ones.
How it gets on your PC?
Most of the computer users don’t know that browsers like MetaSearch is usually bundled with freeware from the unreliable websites. It usually hides itself inside the program you choose to download as a bundled component. It easily gets installed with your Default installation mode.
How to prevent the similar issue in the future?
Please learn the lesson that never download from the unreliable websites and choose Customize Installation to cancel the bundled spam components.
Risks you are taking of being attacked by MetaSearch:
• The fishy computer performs badly since MetaSearch is running in the background reporting your browsing activities.
• Personal information like credit card details and some account log in detail can be stolen since the computer is kind of being monitored.
• Other sorts of malware like trojan, rogue antivirus and ransomware can get on the vulnerable computer which is weaken by MetaSearch.
Obviously, MetaSearch needs to be removed out of PC immediately to ensure the security of your PC and the personal information.
What you should do now is to remove MetaSearch.
Solution A: remove MetaSearch by yourself
1. Lunch up Task Manager
Press CTRL+ALT+DELETE or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC;
Click on Processes tab
End all the running process related to MetaSearch
2. Delete MetaSearch files and registries from computer system
3. Reset Google Chrome: choose Set pages, and type the URL you want into the box and click OK.
4. Restart the Google to take Effect.
If you prefer an easier and quicker solution to block MetaSearch, Spyhunter would be your very best choice. It can remove MetaSearch and protect your computer in the further at the same time. Why not just Download and Install Spyhunter to scan your computer!
Suggestion B: Remove MetaSearch automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block MetaSearch
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
Manual Removal needs more expertise than you expect. Is there something that can remove MetaSearch and protect your computer from other sorts of malware like trojan, spyware and ransomware at the same time? Yes! Spyhunter is exactly what you are looking for. Download and install Spyhunter to be your chief safeguard.