She didn't realize Time Warner Cable was a deceptive adverting adware.
"My friend was surfing the internet last night for "coupons", yes, coupons, and after clicking on few links, she received a pop up message that appeared to be from her ISP, Time Warner Cable. The message stated something to the effect that she was now infected with a virus and for her to call TWC at the 800 number provided. Unfortunately she called the 800 number to seek help, and then dug herself a deep grave and allowed the man on the other end of the phone to remote into her computer! She at that point realized she may have made a horrible decision and told the man she was going to hang up and get a friend to help her clean the virus off."
How is Time Warner Cable distributed?
Most typically, Time Warner Cable comes onto your PC via freeware downloaded off the unreliable websites and your default installation. It wouldn't come alone. It comes with other sorts of unwanted programs like PC keeper or adware Aviasales. Usually, Time Warner Cable is bundled with your wanted freeware as a component. If you install the wanted freeware with default installation, you will definitely install Time Warner Cable, too. Since it is spread through unofficial or fake websites which claim to offer you convenient service or a highly valuable program totally free of chare, you are highly suggested to go to official sites to download and choose Customize Installation to uncheck the unwanted bundled component like Time Warner Cable.
Time Warner Cable, an adware you will never welcome.
Time Warner Cable is an adware aiming at advertising various sponsored ads or domains on browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. It’s designed by cyber criminals in order to generate revenue from the sponsors via your every clicking on the ads. It usually attach itself onto the browsers as an add-on or extension so that it can assure its startup with the browser.
Time Warner Cable plays all kinds of nasty roles on your PC:
• An open door: it makes your computer vulnerable for other sorts of unwanted programs like adware, browser hijacker and trojan.
• A thief: your browsing activities online will be monitored. Your personal information like browsing history, account log in details including credit card details will be stolen and exposed for the third party.
• An ad-planter: to gain more traffic for the sponsored products, it will inject more and more ads to interrupt your online activities.
To protect your PC and your personal sensitive information, there is one thing you should do right now: remove Time Warner Cable manually or automatically.
How to Remove Time Warner Cable Easily and Completely?
Solution A: Remove Time Warner Cable manually from your browsers
Remove it from Internet Explorer
- launch up IE> click Tools (click on gear icon in IE9/IE10)> choose Internet Option
- Internet Option window> Advanced tab> click Restore Advance Settings> click on Reset
- tick Delete personal settings> click on Reset
Remove it from Google Chrome
- open Google Chrome>click on Settings>choose configuration page> search for Open a specific page or set of pages> click on Set Pages
- find configuration page> search for Manage search engines and click it> get Default search engine settings> change your default search engine
- search for these 2 options: Make Default&Close button “x” to delete the search engine.
- make default your Google search engine and delete all one by one
- open troubleshooting information from browser Firefox
- get Help menu and click Troubleshooting information
- with page of Trouble shooting information, search for Reset Firefox and click on Reset
Note: If you think the manual removal is complicated and you really want to be a lazy guy, no worries, there is still a perfect solution for you - Download and Install Spyhunter to Remove Time Warner Cable Automatically. The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can remove it just like hands down for you.
Solution B: Remove Time Warner Cable automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block it
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.