You are not the only one who is hit by 'Message from webpage'.
"Ever since I downloaded and installed Autoshutdown off cnet . I got this virus.
This pop up 'Message from webpage' is unexitable unless I close it from Task Manager. It pops up every 30 mins - 1 hour. Please help remove ( without cost preferably )"
"I'm posting this on behalf of a colleague's wife. My colleague said it only happens on our website, but I don't know of anyone else having this problem, and a web search says t.cttsrv.com is a virus. He posted these screen shots of popups that come up when she tries to visit our site, but those scripts have nothing to do with our site. The same messages also popped up for scripts we do use, from google-analytics.com, googleapis.com, and viglink.com. He said she gets an unending barrage of popups, but I don't know what any of the others say."
‘Message from webpage’ Description
‘Message from webpage’ is considered as an advertising platform. It usually contains various spam ads and popups. Pay attention that it has nothing to do with the legitimate programs. It is utilized by the merchants to gain traffic for their products. For more traffic, it definitely will inject as many ads as it can on the browsers. Obviously, its targets are Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Typically, programs like ‘Message from webpage’ are used for advertising purpose or they are installed to monitor on your browsing habits. In other cases, you may be redirected to some sponsored websites or the irrelevant ones. It can’t be sure you can be taken to a safe page. Conclusion, ‘Message from webpage’ can harm both your security and privacy.
How ‘Message from webpage’ gets on your PC?
Danger of ‘Message from webpage’ in one line:
• It slows down your PC by taking up the CPU usage.
• It gathers your browsing habits and confidential information for the third party for criminal activities.
• It generates other sorts of adware or browsers on your PC. Backdoors may be opened for Trojans and ransomware.
Simply closing the pop-up ads isn’t a good option to stop ‘Message from webpage’ since it will keep reappearing. What’s worse, as long as it is still in your system, it keeps making troubles. To fix the issue, please follow the removal solution to get rid of it permanently.
How to Remove ‘Message from webpage’ Easily and Completely?
Solution A: Remove ‘Message from webpage’ manually from your browsers
Remove it from Internet Explorer
- launch up IE> click Tools (click on gear icon in IE9/IE10)> choose Internet Option
- Internet Option window> Advanced tab> click Restore Advance Settings> click on Reset
- tick Delete personal settings> click on Reset
Remove it from Google Chrome
- open Google Chrome>click on Settings>choose configuration page> search for Open a specific page or set of pages> click on Set Pages
- find configuration page> search for Manage search engines and click it> get Default search engine settings> change your default search engine
- search for these 2 options: Make Default&Close button “x” to delete the search engine.
- make default your Google search engine and delete all one by one
- open troubleshooting information from browser Firefox
- get Help menu and click Troubleshooting information
- with page of Trouble shooting information, search for Reset Firefox and click on Reset
Note: If you think the manual removal is complicated and you really want to be a lazy guy, no worries, there is still a perfect solution for you - Download and Install Spyhunter to Remove ‘Message from webpage’ Automatically. The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can remove it just like hands down for you.
Solution B: Remove ‘Message from webpage’ automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block it
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.