You must be the one who wants to get rid of search assist (searchassist.net) right away.
To remove search assist (searchassist.net), you need more patience and a little expertise.
Please continue to read this post and you will know what to do to get rid of it.
This poor guy has been being bothered by search assist (searchassist.net).
"When trying to update Adobe Reader, I didn't uncheck a box for the program not to also install SearchAssist.net. I didn't realize it until it was too late. I went into Add/Remove Programs and uninstalled SearchAssisst.net but it's still on my pc.
I then uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled it and it appears that SearchAssist.net isn't affecting that browser any longer even though it's still in my pc."
How does the 'demon' browser hijacker get on your PC?
Most of the computer users don’t know that browsers like search assist (searchassist.net) is usually bundled with freeware from the unreliable websites. It usually hides itself inside the program you choose to download as a bundled component. It easily gets installed with your Default installation mode.
You do can try this way to prevent the similar issue:
Please learn the lesson that never download from the unreliable websites and choose Customize Installation to cancel the bundled spam components.
Do you know you are taking risks to have search assist (searchassist.net)?
• The fishy computer performs badly since search assist (searchassist.net) is running in the background reporting your browsing activities.
• Personal information like credit card details and some account log in detail can be stolen since the computer is kind of being monitored.
• Other sorts of malware like trojan, rogue antivirus and ransomware can get on the vulnerable computer which is weaken by search assist (searchassist.net).
Obviously, search assist (searchassist.net) needs to be removed out of PC immediately to ensure the security of your PC and the personal information.
Come on! You can remove search assist (searchassist.net).
Plan A: Remove search assist (searchassist.net) manually
Click Start>Control Panel
Click Programs>Uninstall a Program
Search for the unwanted application search assist (searchassist.net)> right click search assist (searchassist.net) and choose Uninstall
Press Windows+R> input msconfig>click OK
Click Startup> input msconfig>check for the list> find search assist (searchassist.net) and Un-check it (uncheck the ones you don't want)>click OK
Remove it from Internet Explorer
- launch up IE> click Tools (click on gear icon in IE9/IE10)> choose Internet Option
- Internet Option window> Advanced tab> click Restore Advance Settings> click on Reset
- tick Delete personal settings> click on Reset
- reset the homepage
Remove it from Google Chrome
- open Google Chrome>click on Settings>choose configuration page> search for Open a specific page or set of pages> click on Set Pages
- find configuration page> search for Manage search engines and click it> get Default search engine settings> change your default search engine
- search for these 2 options: Make Defaul&Close button “x” to delete the search engine.
- make default your Google search engine and delete all one by one
- reset the homepage
- open troubleshooting information from browser Firefox
- get Help menu and click Troubleshooting information
- with page of Trouble shooting informaiton, search for Reset Firefox and click on Reset
- reset the homepage
Note: If you think the manual removal is complicated and you really want to be a lazy guy, no worries, there is still a perfect solution for you - Download and Install Spyhunter to Remove search assist (searchassist.net) Automatically. The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can remove search assist (searchassist.net) just like hands down for you.
Plan B: Remove search assist (searchassist.net) automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block it
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.