Has your browser been hijacked by Search.startnow.com like his?
"Start now took over my Firefox a few weeks back. I was able to remove the toolbar as well as reset my home page but now every time I open a new tab it directs me to the Startnow search engine. How do I remove this? Thank you!!"
How can you handle these roles played by Search.startnow.com?
a browser hijacker, annoying.
Search.startnow.com is deemed as a browser hijacker designed to replace your default homepage, promoting its sponsored products and gaining traffic for them. It targets at browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Once it is installed, the modification of browsers default settings like search provider and homepage.
a bundle( You may feel like being tricked.)
This is how this nasty browser hijacker gets on your computer. It disguises itself as a bundled component of your desired freeware or shareware from the internet. When you are installing the wanted freeware, Search.startnow.com is also installed in the background as a part of the freeware.
an ad injector, nasty and unstoppable.
It not only keeps redirecting you to spam websites, it also injects a wide variety of ads, coupons and banners on the webpage you open.
a malware dropper, you don't how to deal with.
It compromises your computer and makes your computer vulnerable for the additional malware like trojan, spyware and ransomware.
a data-thief you should be afraid of.
Your personal sensitive information, such as browsing habits, credit card details and account log in details, can be stolen for the marketing.
a retarder largely slows down your PC.
You will notice that your computer is getting slower and slower, which is due to Search.startnow.com runs amounts of processes in the background taking up the system resource.
Important to know.
Considering the security of your computer and your personal information on the computer, strong measures must be taken to completely remove Search.startnow.com out of your computer right now. Remove it manually or uninstall it automatically with the strong Spyhunter.
Focus. Get your paitnce ready and let's get started to Remove Search.startnow.com.
Plan A: Remove Search.startnow.com manually
Click Start>Control Panel
Click Programs>Uninstall a Program
Search for the unwanted application Search.startnow.com> right click Search.startnow.com and choose Uninstall
Press Windows+R> input msconfig>click OK
Click Startup> input msconfig>check for the list> find Search.startnow.com and Un-check it (uncheck the ones you don't want)>click OK
Remove it from Internet Explorer
- launch up IE> click Tools (click on gear icon in IE9/IE10)> choose Internet Option
- Internet Option window> Advanced tab> click Restore Advance Settings> click on Reset
- tick Delete personal settings> click on Reset
- reset the homepage
Remove it from Google Chrome
- open Google Chrome>click on Settings>choose configuration page> search for Open a specific page or set of pages> click on Set Pages
- find configuration page> search for Manage search engines and click it> get Default search engine settings> change your default search engine
- search for these 2 options: Make Defaul&Close button “x” to delete the search engine.
- make default your Google search engine and delete all one by one
- reset the homepage
- open troubleshooting information from browser Firefox
- get Help menu and click Troubleshooting information
- with page of Trouble shooting informaiton, search for Reset Firefox and click on Reset
- reset the homepage
Note: If you think the manual removal is complicated and you really want to be a lazy guy, no worries, there is still a perfect solution for you - Download and Install Spyhunter to Remove Search.startnow.com Automatically. The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can remove Search.startnow.com just like hands down for you.
Plan B: Remove Search.startnow.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block it
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.