His Firefox has been taken by Isearch.babylon.com.
"I am not sure what I have done in the last 3 days browsing, but since two days ago I was attacked by babylon search application (isearch.babylon.com). Mozilla first page could not appear when I first open the browser, instead it was occupied by this babylon. Can someone share with me how to remove this spam? Thank you."
View the key words to know about Isearch.babylon.com
Isearch.babylon.com is considered as a browser hijacker, which targets at browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. The modification of browser settings like search engine and homepage is performed without asking you. As a result, you have to suffer that your homepage is always hijacked by Isearch.babylon.com as well as your search results.
[A Bundled Component]
Typically, browser hijackers like Isearch.babylon.com get on your computer as a bundled component of your desired freeware or shareware from the internet. You never know it is being downloaded and installed in the background as you are doing the same with the desired freeware as a part of it. Here's the tip: always opt Customize Installation to view all the options and uncheck the unfamiliar or suspect ones.
[Threats from Isearch.babylon.com]
- clumsy computer: your computer will become more and more clumsy and may be unresponsive sometimes as it takes up the system resource.
- additional trouble: extra malware like adware, browser hijacker and trojan is easily to get on your computer since your computer is already compromised.
- data loss: your browsing history and sensitive information like account log in details can be stolen or exposed.
- hateful advertisements: more and more ads shows up to harass your online activities.
In the view of the seriousness of this browser hijacker problem, efficient measures should be taken to stop it before things get worse. Please do try the manual solution and automatic removal solution below.
How to Remove Isearch.babylon.com Easily and Completely?
Plan A: Remove Isearch.babylon.com manually
Click Start>Control Panel
Click Programs>Uninstall a Program
Search for the unwanted application Isearch.babylon.com> right click Isearch.babylon.com and choose Uninstall
Press Windows+R> input msconfig>click OK
Click Startup> input msconfig>check for the list> find Isearch.babylon.com and Un-check it (uncheck the ones you don't want)>click OK
Remove it from Internet Explorer
- launch up IE> click Tools (click on gear icon in IE9/IE10)> choose Internet Option
- Internet Option window> Advanced tab> click Restore Advance Settings> click on Reset
- tick Delete personal settings> click on Reset
- reset the homepage
Remove it from Google Chrome
- open Google Chrome>click on Settings>choose configuration page> search for Open a specific page or set of pages> click on Set Pages
- find configuration page> search for Manage search engines and click it> get Default search engine settings> change your default search engine
- search for these 2 options: Make Defaul&Close button “x” to delete the search engine.
- make default your Google search engine and delete all one by one
- reset the homepage
- open troubleshooting information from browser Firefox
- get Help menu and click Troubleshooting information
- with page of Trouble shooting informaiton, search for Reset Firefox and click on Reset
- reset the homepage
Note: If you think the manual removal is complicated and you really want to be a lazy guy, no worries, there is still a perfect solution for you - Download and Install Spyhunter to Remove Isearch.babylon.com Automatically. The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can remove Isearch.babylon.com just like hands down for you.
Plan B: Remove Isearch.babylon.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block it
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.