He doesn't want selectlinks, either.
"I deleted some files and got my browser back, but still have the adware and selectlinks. Can someone suggest how to remove it? I read somewhere that MalWare Bytes doesn't work. Thanks!"
selectlinks won and got on your PC successfully.
selectlinks is created as an adware that aims at planting advertisements on webpages in order to gain traffic for its products and generate revenue for the author. It targets at browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Once it is installed on your computer, the modifications of your browser default settings like search engine is performed without your permission. As a result, you have to face that ads from selectlinks get popping up on every webpage you open. Besides, random words on the webpage can be underlined and generates advertising hyperlinks.
You just can't stop hating selectlinks. Check how annoying it is.
• Being sneaky: it gets on your computer without asking your permission or any warning.
• Being troublesome: it makes your computer system vulnerable for the additional malware like trojan, spyware and ransomware.
• Being malicious: it keeps a record of your online browsing history and the information you input. It collects your browsing habit for the marketers and may expose your confidential information like credit card details and some account log in details to the cyber criminals.
• Being a retarder: it drags down your computer speed obviously. You will notice that your computer is getting slower and slower.
As you are experiencing, selectlinks is nothing helpful but big trouble for your computer. selectlinks should be kicked out of your computer without any hesitation. There are 2 efficient removal solutions for you to choose. Either of it won’t make you regret.
Your time to win your PC back. Remove selectlinks in no time.
Solution A: Remove selectlinks manually from your browsers
Remove it from Internet Explorer
- launch up IE> click Tools (click on gear icon in IE9/IE10)> choose Internet Option
- Internet Option window> Advanced tab> click Restore Advance Settings> click on Reset
- tick Delete personal settings> click on Reset
Remove it from Google Chrome
- open Google Chrome>click on Settings>choose configuration page> search for Open a specific page or set of pages> click on Set Pages
- find configuration page> search for Manage search engines and click it> get Default search engine settings> change your default search engine
- search for these 2 options: Make Defaul&Close button “x” to delete the search engine.
- make default your Google search engine and delete all one by one
- open troubleshooting information from browser Firefox
- get Help menu and click Troubleshooting information
- with page of Trouble shooting informaiton, search for Reset Firefox and click on Reset
Note: If you think the manual removal is complicated and you really want to be a lazy guy, no worries, there is still a perfect solution for you - Download and Install Spyhunter to Remove selectlinks Automatically. The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can remove it just like hands down for you.
Solution B: Remove selectlinks automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block it
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.