click.scour.com is happening."When I do a google search, I get a bunch of results. However, when I click on a link, it goes to a different webpage - not the one shown on the search page. Sometimes it comes up at scour.com.
I looked up scour.com on Wikipedia, which states that there is a "redirect virus" that is infecting my computer. It cited "Mozilla Support." So, I am asking the Mozilla Forum - How do I get rid of the virus? Any suggestions?"
[click.scour.com, a browser hijacker you can't run away.]
click.scour.com is deemed as a browser hijacker designed to replace your default homepage, promoting its sponsored products and gaining traffic for them. It targets at browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Once it is installed, the modification of browsers default settings like search provider and homepage.
[ click.scour.com gets on your PC as a bundle.]
This is how this nasty browser hijacker gets on your computer. It disguises itself as a bundled component of your desired freeware or shareware from the internet. When you are installing the wanted freeware, click.scour.com is also installed in the background as a part of the freeware.
[ It interrupts your as an advertisement planter. ]
It not only keeps redirecting you to spam websites, it also injects a wide variety of ads, coupons and banners on the webpage you open.
[ Another role of click.scour.com: malware dropper ]
It compromises your computer and makes your computer vulnerable for the additional malware like trojan, spyware and ransomware.
[ Be careful with your personal data. ]
Your personal sensitive information, such as browsing habits, credit card details and account log in details, can be stolen for the marketing.
[ Slowing computer drives your mad already? ]
You will notice that your computer is getting slower and slower, which is due to click.scour.com runs amounts of processes in the background taking up the system resource.
[ Important to know ]
Considering the security of your computer and your personal information on the computer, strong measures must be taken to completely remove click.scour.com out of your computer right now. Remove it manually or uninstall it automatically with the strong Spyhunter.
Don't forget to Remove click.scour.com.
Plan A: Remove click.scour.com manually
Click Start>Control Panel
Click Programs>Uninstall a Program
Search for the unwanted application click.scour.com> right click click.scour.com and choose Uninstall
Press Windows+R> input msconfig>click OK
Click Startup> input msconfig>check for the list> find click.scour.com and Un-check it (uncheck the ones you don't want)>click OK
Remove it from Internet Explorer
- launch up IE> click Tools (click on gear icon in IE9/IE10)> choose Internet Option
- Internet Option window> Advanced tab> click Restore Advance Settings> click on Reset
- tick Delete personal settings> click on Reset
- reset the homepage
Remove it from Google Chrome
- open Google Chrome>click on Settings>choose configuration page> search for Open a specific page or set of pages> click on Set Pages
- find configuration page> search for Manage search engines and click it> get Default search engine settings> change your default search engine
- search for these 2 options: Make Defaul&Close button “x” to delete the search engine.
- make default your Google search engine and delete all one by one
- reset the homepage
- open troubleshooting information from browser Firefox
- get Help menu and click Troubleshooting information
- with page of Trouble shooting informaiton, search for Reset Firefox and click on Reset
- reset the homepage
Note: If you think the manual removal is complicated and you really want to be a lazy guy, no worries, there is still a perfect solution for you - Download and Install Spyhunter to Remove click.scour.com Automatically. The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can remove click.scour.com just like hands down for you.
Plan B: Remove click.scour.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block it
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.