He is saving his wife's computer from click.cpvrdr.com.
"Opening Firefox triggers Internet Explorer to open to a website click.cpvrdr.com and I can't find where it is coming from
If I close the IE window it starts up again. I have looked in the config file opened with about:config but find nothing. I don't know where else to look. I have cleared all history and cache. This is on my wife's computer. Needless to say she isn't happy.
Any ideas wold be most appreciated."
Can you just sit by and let Click.cpvrdr.com does what it can?
Click.cpvrdr.com is considered as a browser hijacker that locks your default homepage on its own. Once it is installed, you have to fact these unpleasant situations:
• It gathers your browsing history and inserts annoying advertisements on every webpage you go open, based on the information from your browsing history.
• It may record your confidential information for the third party, like credit card details and some account log in details.
• It degrades your computer speed by starting amounts of background activities consuming most of the system resource.
• It may bring other sorts of malware like trojan, spyware and ransomeare onto the already being compromised computer.
I know you are trying to figure it out how Click.cpvrdr.com gets on your browser.
Typically, it gets on your computer as a bundled component of your wanted freeware or shareware from the internet. You wouldn't that Click.cpvrdr.com could be downloaded and installed in the background as you did the same with your wanted freeware. Apart from that, it can also penetrate your compute via
1. your clicking on the malicious links
2. your browsing the website with bad reputation or the ones planted with exploit code
3. your opening the infected email attachments
Just like you are experiencing, Click.cpvrdr.com is completely a nasty pest that should be smashed at once. Download and install the most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter to smash Click.cpvrdr.com!
Save your PC from Click.cpvrdr.com Now!
Plan A: Remove Click.cpvrdr.com manually
Click Start>Control Panel
Click Programs>Uninstall a Program
Search for the unwanted application Click.cpvrdr.com> right click Click.cpvrdr.com and choose Uninstall
Press Windows+R> input msconfig>click OK
Click Startup> input msconfig>check for the list> find Click.cpvrdr.com and Un-check it (uncheck the ones you don't want)>click OK
Remove it from Internet Explorer
- launch up IE> click Tools (click on gear icon in IE9/IE10)> choose Internet Option
- Internet Option window> Advanced tab> click Restore Advance Settings> click on Reset
- tick Delete personal settings> click on Reset
- reset the homepage
Remove it from Google Chrome
- open Google Chrome>click on Settings>choose configuration page> search for Open a specific page or set of pages> click on Set Pages
- find configuration page> search for Manage search engines and click it> get Default search engine settings> change your default search engine
- search for these 2 options: Make Defaul&Close button “x” to delete the search engine.
- make default your Google search engine and delete all one by one
- reset the homepage
- open troubleshooting information from browser Firefox
- get Help menu and click Troubleshooting information
- with page of Trouble shooting informaiton, search for Reset Firefox and click on Reset
- reset the homepage
Note: If you think the manual removal is complicated and you really want to be a lazy guy, no worries, there is still a perfect solution for you - Download and Install Spyhunter to Remove Click.cpvrdr.com Automatically. The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can remove Click.cpvrdr.com just like hands down for you.
Plan B: Remove Click.cpvrdr.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block it
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
warm tip:"Spyhunter is really functional." Say the Spyhunter users. Yes, Spyhunter not only can remove malware like Click.cpvrdr.com but also can protect your computer from other sort of virus like trojan, spyware and ransomware. In a word, you can trust it. Download and Install Spyhunter scanner for free.
Plus: Download and Install Perfect Uninstaller to kick the ass of Click.cpvrdr.com.
Perfect Uninstaller is a better and easier way for you to completely and safely uninstall any unneeded or corrupt application that standard Windows Add/Remove applet can't remove.
What Perfect Uninstaller can do for you ?
1. Uninstall / Remove Any Unneeded Application In Your PC
I know you have a lot of questions and Perfect Uninstaller may not look perfect. What's the true? Perfect or not perfect? You do deserve a chance to check it out. Why not uninstall it to figure it out! You are promised to have a pleasant experience chance with Perfect Uninstaller.