"I appear to have picked up this malware searchnet.blinkxcore.com while listening to music at Grooveshark.com and need help removing it. Thanks."
I guess you never expect it or like it.searchnet.blinkxcore.com is considered as a browser hijacker that locks your default homepage on its own. Once it is installed, you have to fact these unpleasant situations:
• It gathers your browsing history and inserts annoying advertisements on every webpage you go open, based on the information from your browsing history.
• It may record your confidential information for the third party, like credit card details and some account log in details.
• It degrades your computer speed by starting amounts of background activities consuming most of the system resource.
• It may bring other sorts of malware like trojan, spyware and ransomeare onto the already being compromised computer.
Get to know where the bug is from.Typically, it gets on your computer as a bundled component of your wanted freeware or shareware from the internet. You wouldn't that searchnet.blinkxcore.com could be downloaded and installed in the background as you did the same with your wanted freeware. Apart from that, it can also penetrate your compute via
1. your clicking on the malicious links
2. your browsing the website with bad reputation or the ones planted with exploit code
3. your opening the infected email attachments
Just like you are experiencing, searchnet.blinkxcore.com is completely a nasty pest that should be smashed at once. Download and install the most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter to smash searchnet.blinkxcore.com!
You are on the right track to uninstall searchnet.blinkxcore.com.
Solution 1: Remove searchnet.blinkxcore.com Manually
1) Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together to pull up Window Task Manager and end suspicious processes:
2) Check the following directories and remove all these associated files:
%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.exe%UserProfile%\Desktop\ searchnet.blinkxcore.com%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\ searchnet.blinkxcore.com
3) Reset your infected browsers (take IE as example). Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab. Then click on the Reset, check Delete personal settings. Then click Reset.
4) Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections. For Windows Xp: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the Run box -> click Ok to open the System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated. For Windows Vista or Windows7: click start menu->type msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated.
For win8: Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete or Ctrl+Shift+Esc >> Click Task Manager >> More details >> Startup tab >> click on the items you would like to disable >> Click Disable
Solution 2: Remove searchnet.blinkxcore.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block searchnet.blinkxcore.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.