Unpleasant Statement about istartsurf
"When updating a program I was not on the alert and I got Istartsurf installed. Istartsurf took control over my start page. However, I managed to delete the program but by another mistake, I had named my start page http:/blank, which I was not able to change again to about:blank under Internet options. It continued to revert to http:/blank."
"I can see Istartsurf has modified my chrome and IE browser. I am not sure if it has made further changes. Please find the HijackThis log below and kindly help me with how I should get rid of this. Thanks a lot."
"I want to remove and uninstall 'iStartSurf' from my computer completely. I have tried this to uninstall from 'Programs and Features' but not successful; this get stuck in the midway and the process not being completed. In the inserted image you can view this."
Threats from IstartsurfIstartsurf is considered as a browser hijacker that locks your default homepage on its own. Once it is installed, you have to fact these unpleasant situations:
• It gathers your browsing history and inserts annoying advertisements on every webpage you go open, based on the information from your browsing history.
• It may record your confidential information for the third party, like credit card details and some account log in details.
• It degrades your computer speed by starting amounts of background activities consuming most of the system resource.
• It may bring other sorts of malware like trojan, spyware and ransomeare onto the already being compromised computer.
How does Istartsurf get on your computer?Typically, it gets on your computer as a bundled component of your wanted freeware or shareware from the internet. You wouldn't that Istartsurf could be downloaded and installed in the background as you did the same with your wanted freeware. Apart from that, it can also penetrate your compute via
1. your clicking on the malicious links
2. your browsing the website with bad reputation or the ones planted with exploit code
3. your opening the infected email attachments
Just like you are experiencing, Istartsurf is completely a nasty pest that should be smashed at once. Download and install the most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter to smash Istartsurf!
How to Remove istartsurf Easily and Completely?
Plan A: Remove istartsurf manually
Click Start>Control Panel
Click Programs>Uninstall a Program
Search for the unwanted application istartsurf> right click istartsurf and choose Uninstall
Press Windows+R> input msconfig>click OK
Click Startup> input msconfig>check for the list> find istartsurf and Un-check it (uncheck the ones you don't want)>click OK
Remove it from Internet Explorer
- launch up IE> click Tools (click on gear icon in IE9/IE10)> choose Internet Option
- Internet Option window> Advanced tab> click Restore Advance Settings> click on Reset
- tick Delete personal settings> click on Reset
- reset the homepage
Remove it from Google Chrome
- open Google Chrome>click on Settings>choose configuration page> search for Open a specific page or set of pages> click on Set Pages
- find configuration page> search for Manage search engines and click it> get Default search engine settings> change your default search engine
- search for these 2 options: Make Defaul&Close button “x” to delete the search engine.
- make default your Google search engine and delete all one by one
- reset the homepage
- open troubleshooting information from browser Firefox
- get Help menu and click Troubleshooting information
- with page of Trouble shooting informaiton, search for Reset Firefox and click on Reset
- reset the homepage
Note: If you think the manual removal is complicated and you really want to be a lazy guy, no worries, there is still a perfect solution for you - Download and Install Spyhunter to Remove istartsurf Automatically. The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can remove istartsurf just like hands down for you.
Plan B: Remove istartsurf automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block the browser hijacker
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.