What Is the Effective Way to Get Rid of Trojan.ransom.gend
‘A family members got Trojan.ransom.gend roblem on her Dell laptop with Win 7 Home Premium and ZoneAlarm firewall. AVG anti virus notified her but could not removed it. I tried to fix it but could not log on the net.
I did Google it and the solutions were about edit registries and other fancy stuffs and I am not sure I want to touch it. The computer is working fine, just could not log on the net to update anything so I know that the trojan virus is still on the computer.’ – from one of its victim.
Actually, manual approach is the effective way out, yet it needs sufficient computer knowledge to avoid any slight mistake that would make your computer crash down.
Explicit Procedures on How to Remove Trojan.ransom.gend Fast
Solution 1: Remove Trojan.ransom.gend Manually
1. Reboot your computer and log into Safe Mode with Networking.
2. Show hidden files.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by trojan generic29.ajge:
- Counter-Strike Source.exe
4: Please stop the processes of Trojan.ransom.gend
5. Go to the Registry Editor to delete all entries related to Trojan.ransom.gend.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\random
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\Explorer\run\Trojan Generic 29.AJGE
6. Reset your IE
a) Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.
b) In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab. Then click on the Restore Defaults button and then press OK.
Solution 2: Remove Trojan.ransom.gend automatically (with SpyHunter)Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Trojan.ransom.gend
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.