How is my default homepage replaced by lab.search.conduit.com?Lab.search.conduit.com is deemed as a browser hijacker that it created to lock on your existing homepage on search.conduit.com. It can infect most of the popular browsers including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Typically, it gets on your computer as a part of your wanted freeware from the internet. It is being installed in the background as you are doing the same with your wanted freeware.
Once it is installed, the modification of your default browsers settings like search engine and homepage is performed without your permission or any warning. As a result, your homepage is always locked on search.conduit.com and some of your search results may be replaced by some irrelevant WebPages full of ads.
A foxy sneaker: it lurks into your computer without your knowledge and gets itself installed in the background without any warning.
2. A trouble maker: it makes your computer system vulnerable and creates system loopholes for the additional malware such trojan, spyware and ransomware.
3. A retarder: it slows down your computer speed by starting its amounts of background activities.
4. A stealer: it gathers your browsing history and uses the information to deliver more and more related ads. Your confidential information like credit card details may be stolen.
5. An ads planter: it may plant various annoying ads on every webpage you go to.
As you can see, lab.search.conduit.com should be removed from your computer at once before any further damage.
Manual Removal Solution
Solution 1: Remove Lab.search.conduit.com Manually
A: Go to Control Panel and delete Lab.search.conduit.com from Add & Remove program
1. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
3. Click on Program
4. Click Add & Remove Program
5. Find search.conduit list and select Remove
6. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
B: Show all hidden files
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
4. When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
5. Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
C: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the “Processes” tab, search Lab.search.conduit.com then right-click it and select “End Process” key.
D: Click “Start” button and selecting “Run.” Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK” to delete all Lab.search.conduit.com registries
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main “Use FormSuggest” = ‘yes’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = ’1′
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “DisableTaskMgr” = ’1′
%UserProfile%\Application Data\[random digits]\[random digits].exe
F: Restart your computer to check if the Browser Hijacker is completely removed.
Solution 2: Remove Lab.search.conduit.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Lab.search.conduit.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.