What is CryptoDefense?
“excel file cannot open because the file format or file extension is not valid .verify that the file has not been corrupted and that the file extension matches the format of the file. I can’t even open the pdf files.”
CryptoDefense is classified as a ransomware that it created to encrypt your files. If you want your files back, you are required to pay a ransom range from 500$~1000$. Like to crytolocker, it is a money collector by blackmailing victims to pay for the key to get their encrypted files back. CryptoDefense is not like crytolocker. It doesn’t replace the desktop image, references a different tor site and has a code to get to the tor site. It calls itself CryptoDefense, popping up a text box staring what to do. If you are paying the ransom, you are risking to lose the money and the files even the virus creator is the only who can decrypt the encrypted files.
You must be confused how CryptoDefense gets on your computer when you have your computer protected by the powerful security tool and the firewall. Because the virus CryptoDefense is designed to create security loopholes in your computer for its safe and easy entry.
• Distributed by the hacked sites and the malicious ones
• Distributed by the freeware and shareware downloads
• Distributed by opening the infected email attachment
Efficient Removal Solution Details
Solution 1: Remove CryptoDefense Manually
1. Launch the Task Manager by pressing keys Ctrl+Alt+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Esc at the same time, search for Srv.clickfuse.com processes and right-click to end them.
2. Open Control Panel in Start menu and search for Folder Options. When you’re in Folder Options window, please click on its View tab, check Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK
3. Get rid of the listed files created by CryptoDefense:
%AllUsersProfile%\ApplicationData\temp\ CryptoDefense.dll %AllUsersProfile%\ Application Data\roaming\ CryptoDefense.exe4. Open Registry Editor by navigating to Start Menu, type in Regedit, and then click OK. When you have been in Registry Editor, please remove the following related registry entries:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run CryptoDefense \“[RANDOM CHARACTRERISTIC]” HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall CryptoDefense ransomware\Run “[RANDOM CHARACTRERISTIC].exe HKEY_CURRENT_USER\AppEvents\Schemes\Apps\Explorer\Navigating\Uninstall CryptoDefense \Run “[RANDOM CHARACTRERISTIC].exe”
Solution 2: Remove CryptoDefense automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block CryptoDefense
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.