search assistant Source
1) From spam email attachments which may be packed with the installer of search assistant.
2) From malicious links or unsafe websites like adult websites which are with an exploit code to install search assistant automatically.
3) From downloading. Please always check terms and components before installing any software into the computer.
search assistant Definition
search assistant is considered as a browser hijacker that may attack popular browsers such as Google Chrome, Bing, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Once it
lurks into your computer, it definitely modifies your browser default search engine into search assistant and browser default settings. In such a way, search assistant is in control of your browser. Every other website you go to is redirected to search assistant against your will. You may have uninstalled and installed the browser a thousand times, however, when you open your browser, it still comes back. Moreover, you may get bombarded by numerous ads. When you try to close one of those ads, you are redirected to some unreliable websites which can be planted with viruses.
More Threats from search assistant:
1) Browsers are hacked and redirected to unwanted websites.
2) Computers perform like a snail since search assistant consumes all the computer system resource.
3) search assistant refuses to be removed by any antivirus program since it is specially designed to escape all the deletion.
4) Your browsing history and confidential information like credit card detail may be recoded to the third party for marketing.
5) The computer is exposed to additional viruses like Trojan.
You are advised to remove it at the first moment you detect it in case search assistant causes more damages to your computer. You can remove it manually according to the bellowing removal solution on your own.
Efficient Removal Solution Details
Solution 1: Remove search assistantManuallyA: Go to Control Panel and delete search assistant from Add & Remove program
1. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
3. Click on Program
4. Click Add & Remove Program
5. Find search assistant list and select Remove
6. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
B: Show all hidden files
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
4. When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
5. Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
C: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the “Processes” tab, search search assistant then right-click it and select “End Process” key.
D: Click “Start” button and selecting “Run.” Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK” to delete all search assistant registries.
F: Restart your computer normally to check if search assistant is completely removed or not.
Solution 2: Remove search assistant automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block search assistant
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.