Contenko.com DescriptionContenko.com is a browser hijacker that can hack browsers including Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer. Once Contenko.com compromises your computer, it will modify your browser default settings including search engine and homepage to make sure it can launch every time after the computer starts up. Every other website is redirected to www. Contenko.com. Victims may have tried to remove it with various antivirus programs, however, they failed when encounter Contenko.com. And some tried to uninstall and reinstall the hacked browser; unfortunately, Contenko.com comes back like an immortal thing.
Where is Contenko.com from?1) From spam email attachments. Contenko.com disguises itself as an email attachment to seduce users to open. Once it is opened, it is installed.
2) From malicious and unreliable websites like pornographic websites. When browsing them, Contenko.com can be installed automatically without permission with the help of a special exploit code which is skilled at taking the advantage of system vulnerabilities.
3) From downloading. Downloading is the most popular way to distribute malware like Contenko.com or Trojan. Malware is always bundled with the wanted free software as a component. Therefore, users should always check the bundled components during the installing proceed.
Things you don’t know about Contenko.com:1) It may bombard computers with numerous sponsored ads, banners and coupons.
2) It may expose the compromised computer to other sorts of viruses like Trojan and spyware.
3) It may log browsing history and private information like credit card details.
4) It drags down the computer speed seriously by consuming most of the system resource.
As you can see, you are suggested remove it without any delay in case further damage caused to your computer and your property.
Efficient Removal Solution Details
Solution 1: Remove CONTENKO.COM Manually
Step 1- Clear all the cookies of your affected web browsers.
Open Internet explorer window
Click the "Tools" button
Point to "safety" and then click "delete browsing history"
Tick the "cookies" box and then click “delete”
Click on the "Tools" menu and select "Options".
Click the "Under the Bonnet" tab, locate the "Privacy" section and Click the "Clear browsing data" button.
Select "Delete cookies and other site data" and clean up all cookies from the list.
Click on Tools, then Options, select Privacy
Click "Remove individual cookies"
In the Cookies panel, click on "Show Cookies"
To remove a single cookie click on the entry in the list and click on the "Remove Cookie button"
To remove all cookies click on the "Remove All Cookies button"
Step 2- Open Windows Task Manager and close all Contenko.com running processes.
( Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
Step 3- Show all hidden files
Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options. When you’re in Folder Options window, please click on its View tab, check Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
Step 4- Remove these Contenko.com associated files on your hard drive:
Step 5- Open the Registry Editor and delete the following registry entries:
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box and click on OK)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnonBadCertRecving” = ’0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop “NoChangingWallPaper” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’
Step 6- Restart your computer normally to check if Contenko.com is completely removed or not.
Solution 2: Remove CONTENKO.COM automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block CONTENKO.COM
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.