Where Soft 196 comes from is still a mystery.
1) It comes from free software. Soft 196 can be installed together with free software which is bundled with the Soft 196 installer. You need to pay a full attention when you install something free software.
2) It exploits the vulnerabilities of the system to lurk into your computer. You are suggested make up the system vulnerabilities in time for the sake of compute security.
3) It comes from malicious websites. You are in a big risk of getting Soft 196 installed into your computer when you are browsing malicious websites. You are suggested keep away from it.
4) It comes from spam email attachments which can be bundled with the installer of Soft 196. You need a second thought before you open any strange spam email.
I want to get Soft 196 out of my computer. What exactly is it? Any help would be greatful.
Soft 196 is classified as an adware created to display commercial ads to gain traffic for its products, so that the creator can earn a fee from the sponsor. Therefore after your computer gets infected by Soft 196, every time you start or restart your computer, you get ads, banners, coupons full of your computer screen. Even if you open a legitimate website, ads can pops up. It is because Soft 196 has already modified some default settings and added extensions to the browser. With modifying the default settings and adding some unwanted websites or ad icon, ads can pop up automatically. If you don’t stop it in time, you browser is probably to be hijacked. And your confidential information may be lead to cyber criminal. In case you are losing private materials, you are recommended to remove it as soon as you can. However, with no luck, you have tried to remove it with your advanced antivirus program many times; the results just didn’t meet the expectation and failed. According to the situation, manual removal is reliable for getting rid of Soft 196.
Efficient Removal Solution Details
Solution 1: Remove Soft 196 Manually
A: Go to Control Panel and delete Soft 196 from Add & Remove program
1. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
3. Click on Program
4. Click Add & Remove Program
5. Find Soft 196 list and select Remove
6. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
B: Show all hidden files
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
4. When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
5. Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
C: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the “Processes” tab, search Soft 196 then right-click it and select “End Process” key.
D: Click “Start” button and selecting “Run.” Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK” to delete all Soft 196 registries
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnonBadCertRecving” = ’0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop “NoChangingWallPaper” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main “Use FormSuggest” = ‘yes’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced “ShowSuperHidden” = 0
F： Restart your computer to check if the virus in completely removed.
Note: You need to be really prudent during the removal process since any inappropriate deleting can cause system crash. Besides, you still have a better option: Spyhunter. The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can make the Soft 196 removal a easily job. All you need to do is to watch it remove Soft 196 automatically for you.
Solution 2: Remove Soft 196 automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Soft 196
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.