You have been driven to be crazy by the flooded pops-up. You ask what the hell is happening to my computer. And I never get desired websites after something weird happened and my computer runs just as slowly as a snail. Are you still annoyed about that? Here we are to help you remove it.
Searchgol. com is a tricky redirect and also a malicious website which can take control of your browsers. It intends to be a web search for Internet users convenience, however it turns out to take advantage of the users. Browsers such as Google Chrome, Firefox, and Internet Explorer can be attached easily though with the protecting of your advanced antivirus. Internet users always wonder how Searchgol.com invades into the computer without any permission and attention. Because Searchgol.com is designed to be as a search engine website so it can escape the scanning of the antivirus.
Where does it come from? How to prevent it in the future?
1) By opening the spam eail and running the unknown links. Next time when you are with this situation again, please look before you leap.
2) By downloading the free software bundled with Searchgol.com which is installed with Default Installation because of lacking of the users’ attention. When you want to install something on your computer, please choose Customize Installation to prevent virus from attacking your computer.
3) By browsing the unsafe and malicious websites or running the link of the malicious websites. Please browse safely to avoid virus and keep your computer safe.
What’s the consequence of getting infected?
1) Your computer runs as slowly as a snail, because Searchgol.com takes up a big part of your system resources.
2) You may find your default settings of your favorite browser have been changed stealthily. Yes, it does have the ability to mess up your browser as with the default settings.
3) You are forced to keep getting the flooded pops-up which may ask you to purchase their products.
4) You can’t get to the desired websites replaced by the sponsored webpages because of the redirecting.
5) The longer Searchgol.com stays in your computer, the further damage your computer will get. Because other virus such as Trojan would always comes together or come after.
2 Efficient Removal Solutions
Solution A: Remove Searchgol.com ManuallyStep 1- Boot your infected computer into Safe Mode with Networking:
Restart your computer and before Windows interface loads, hit F8 key repeatedly. Choose “Safe Mode with Networking” option, and then press Enter key. System will load files and then get to the desktop in needed option.
Step 2- Clear all the cookies of your affected web browsers.
Open Internet explorer window
Click the "Tools" button
Point to "safety" and then click "delete browsing history"
Tick the "cookies" box and then click “delete”
Click on the "Tools" menu and select "Options".
Click the "Under the Bonnet" tab, locate the "Privacy" section and Click the "Clear browsing data" button.
Select "Delete cookies and other site data" and clean up all cookies from the list.
Click on Tools, then Options, select Privacy
Click "Remove individual cookies"
In the Cookies panel, click on "Show Cookies"
To remove a single cookie click on the entry in the list and click on the "Remove Cookie button"
To remove all cookies click on the "Remove All Cookies button"
Step 3- Open Windows Task Manager and close all Searchgol.com running processes.
( Methods to open Task Manager: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC or Press the Start button->click on the Run option->Type in taskmgr and press OK.)
Step 4- Show all hidden files
Open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options. When you’re in Folder Options window, please click on its View tab, check Show hidden files and folders and uncheck Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then press OK.
Step 5- Remove these Searchgol.com associated files on your hard drive
Step 6- Open the Registry Editor and delete the following registry entries:
(Steps: Hit Win+R keys and then type regedit in Run box and click on OK)
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “WarnonBadCertRecving” = ’0
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop “NoChangingWallPaper” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Attachments “SaveZoneInformation” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = ’1
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “CheckExeSignatures” = ‘no’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main “Use FormSuggest” = ‘yes’
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced “ShowSuperHidden” = 0
Delete Searchgol.com infected files:
Step 7- Restart your computer normally to check if Searchgol.com is completely removed or not.
Note: If you think the manual removal is complicated and you really want to be a lazy guy, no worries, there is still a perfect solution for you - Download and Install Spyhunter to Remove Searchgol.com Automatically. The most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter can remove Searchgol.com just like hands down for you.
Solution B: Remove Searchgol.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Searchgol.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.