Fallen into Websearch.searchdwebs.info
Begin having search redirects to websearch.searchdwebs.info, feel upset and become mad to find any solution that is about to exterminate it?
‘I have attempted to disable the browser plug ins for those programs, and have used Revo Uninstaller to try to uninstall as much of those programs as I could, but I am sure there are leftovers. ’
Victims of websearch.searchdwebs.info think so because there are some suspicious scenarios happen:
- Don’t know whether some toolbar or some search engine virus like webcakes 3.0 were installed before or after websearch.searchdwebs.info;
- Boot up is taking about three times as long as usual;
- Coupon ads are seen when browsing;
- Duplicative running process in the background;
- Highly consumed CPU usage is seen.
Apparently that websearch.searchdwebs.info is another variant of websearch redirect virus. Usually, browser malware cannot be detected in the first place, people can only see it during browse session:
Websearch.searchdwebs.info sometimes appears to be a normal search engine web page to give search result, and of course all results are attacked with its domain;
Websearch.searchdwebs.info starts to be your default homepage;
Websearch.searchdwebs.info would open up a new tab when you are searching something.
Trouble shoots that have been tried but to no avail:
1. Open up any folder to find anything that seems to be related to websearch.searchdwebs.info;
2. Select "CTRL+H" to clear all websearch.searchdwebs.info in every one of the sub-paragraphs;
3. Scans by various security utilities will sometimes remove something (if luckily), and will find nothing most of the time.
2 Efficient Removal Antidotes
Antidote A: Remove Websearch.searchdwebs.info Manually
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of websearch.searchdwebs.info.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by websearch.searchdwebs.info:
- HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\random
- HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run |Regedit32
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
5. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
Antidote B: Remove Websearch.searchdwebs.info automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Websearch.searchdwebs.info
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.