Dissemination Routine of Worm.java.autorun.c
Unlike other types of virus, worm.java.autorun.c usually spread itself by copy itself in a large amount rather than piggybacks on files/ programs. It is highly productive, and once you got worm.java.autorun.c, your computer will down within seconds.
Dangers by Worm.java.autorun.c
- You will soon noticethat you are unable to open any antivirus websites;
- Many programs keep popping up during operation of the system;
- Worm.java.autorun.c appears in both hard drives and in autorun;
- Image and letters get deformed;
- Emails are randomly sent automatically to contacts without user’s consent;
- Error messages come up with trying to launch some installed programs
To clarify here, autorun is not a virus, on the contrary, it is a part of the system. However, autorun can be used by spammers to serve their crafts. So it is now clear that why you will encounter the reimage scene quoted as below:
‘From that moment on, if i try to delete the files after the antiviruses' scans (tried both) and then running the pendrive scan again everything is clean until the pendrive is disconnected and re-inserted (the 2 infected files are recreated at insertion).’
The kernel part of worm.java.autorun.c is down to java and autorun that are both key parts of a system, therefore, the autorun virus cannot be nuked down by any security utility.
So what if we try a format? Format is what most PC users would come up with as a final solution to deal with a lot of virus. But to this one, format changes nothing:
‘I even tried to format the pendrive but after every re-insertion the infetced files reappear.’
Therefore manual interference is suggested to get rid of worm.java.autorun.c completely and get back your precious machine.
2 Efficient Removal Solutions
Solution A: Remove Worm.java.autorun.c Manually
1. Reboot your computer and log into Safe Mode with Networking.
2. Show hidden files.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by worm.java.autorun.c:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Java.Autorun.C\DisplayIcon %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe,0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Java.Autorun.C\UninstallString “%AppData%[RANDOM CHARACTERS][RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\[RANDOM CHARACTERS] %AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Autorun.C\ShortcutPath “%AppData%\[RANDOM CHARACTERS]\[RANDOM CHARACTERS].exe” -u
a) Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.
b) In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab. Then click on the Restore Defaults button and then press OK.
Solution B: Remove Worm.java.autorun.c automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Worm.java.autorun.c
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.