What Is Xvidly Search Engine
Xvidly search engine virus derives from xvidly program. It is an add-on on your browser, however, it is a headache to many PC users because it hijacks your default homepage, new tab and search results. Such add-on can post dangers to you as a malicious one can form vulnerability on the browser, making the machine become easily susceptible to virus concealed in the Internet.
How Dangerous Can Xvidly Search Engine Virus Be?
Xvidly search engine virus manages to bring more virus in. We know that there are some other xvidly products like xvidly toolbar, xvidly program. If you do not hurry up to fix xvidly redirect/ hijack issue quickly, you may have xvidly toolbar installed and its related products installed onto your computer without your consent.
What’s more, what do you think xvidly makes itself sticky to your browser? As a matter of fact, xvidly search redirect issue is aroused from the deep down of the system. Its registry entries has
1) inserted into auto startup sector
2) background running process
3) memory sector
All these guarantee its smooth work to hijack web pages the time you surf the Internet, load down checking cookies to collect your information so as to resell it to spammers who write popup adware. To ensure a residence that lasts long, xvidly search engine virus would either randomly delete systematic files and folders or make systematic items its affiliate. Thus, you start to see dysfunctions happening:
- Firewall won’t stay steadily;
- Error message start to occur when you try to make some changes to the system;
- Update of some programs will not complete;
To get rid of xvidly search engine virus quickly to regain a perfect browsing experience, you are welcome to follow steps below.
2 Efficient Removal Antidotes
Antidote A: Remove Stop Xvidly Search Manually
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of xvidly .com.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by xvidly .com:
- C:\program files
- %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” = 0
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System “DisableTaskMgr” = 1
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system “DisableTaskMgr” = 1
4. Remove add-ons:
Assuming you use Internet Explorer:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
5. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
Antidote B: Remove Stop Xvidly Search automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Stop Xvidly Search
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
warm reminder:No one denies Spyhunter since it does such a good job.Want to remove Stop Xvidly Search right away?
Want to protect your computer from additional malware? Want to enjoy your surfing internet?
Download and install Spyhunter to be your first safeguard.