Bad Things Win64\patched.a Does
- win64\patched.a prevents installed anti-virus program from deleting it easily by making security utilities prompt error message saying something like “listed file can not be changed”;
- win64\patched.a replaces c:\windows\system32\services and that can only be taken care of with expert skills since the files reference system service.
- win64\patched.a makes itself a member of auto-run items at each reboot;
- win64\patched.a triggers ads flood: link clicking would simply redirect to dating sites, travel sites, etc.;
- more infections are detected ever since win64\patched.a settles down, they are trojan horses (Agent3.****) and luhe.sirefef.a;
- win64\patched.a disables system restore functionality, in other word, system restore will not help make win64\patched.a disappeared.
Summary on Win64\Patched.a
Risk factor: severe
1) you may get infected by win64\patched.a after you downloaded a game/ freeware/shareware;
2) you may be attacked by win64\Patched.a after you streaming videos on poisoned sites;
3) you may get win64\patched.a without knowledge when accident click on random ads/ hyperlink is made;
4) you may be harassed by win64\patched.a after opening up a fake email claimed to be sent by your intimate contacts.
Win64\patched.a manages to open up a backdoor in the system, placing your cherished machine in dangerous situation. A backdoor can be exploited by: 1) tracking cookies for information collection; 2) random virus concealed in corners of the Internet aims to get more money by infiltrating your computer; 3) junks, corrupt and vicious web apps that would help browser malware to get into a target machine. What’s worse, the backdoor is the main reason why anti-virus programs would not help: what has been done including changes by PC owners will be timely updated to its remote server through the backdoor, win64\patched.a will then receive new commands to cope with changes in a bid to avoid quite remove.
Being so pushy indicates the fact that win64\patched.a uses a complex combination to hover around. Thus, rectifying its registry entries among numerous numbers of systematic ones is not sufficient to take down Win64\Patched.A, we need to as well delete corrupt files and folders, end its running process, clear up anything related to it both on browsers and in systems. Follow below steps to help yourself.
2 Efficient Removal Antidotes
Antidote A: Remove Win64\Patched.A Manually1. Show hidden files.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by Win64\Patched.A:
- %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.dll
- %AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.exe
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe "(Default)" = "[random]"
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\.exe\shell\open\command "(Default)" = ""%CommonAppData%\pcdfdata\[random].exe" /ex "%1" %*"
a) Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options.
b) In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab. Then click on the Restore Defaults button and then press OK.
Attention: If you want to be the one who wants the removal to be a easy and automatic job, as we all say where there is a will, there is a way, Spyhunter can be your first choice. Download and install the most powerful antivirus program Spyhunter to kick the ass of Win64\Patched.A .
Antidote B: Remove Win64\Patched.A automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Win64\Patched.A
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.