Description of problem
‘please connect to internet’ white screen FBI virus shows "FBI Warning, send $300 to this address to fix" on its screen. You may have tries to get into any forms of mode but all you got is a white screen with just the text "“please connect to internet”. Save the effort and don’t try with Ctrl+Alt+Del as you will get nothing unless your operating system is Windows 8.
Obviously, FBI ‘please connect to internet’ white screen virus is a scam as you are certainly connected to Internet but being blocked by it. We online techs suggest a quick remove as there were cases listed below happened because of delay:
- Safe mode with command prompt will just keep scrolling files and will not end;
- F8 keys will keep taking you back to ‘Windows Advanced Options’ when you attempting to get into any of the given options;
- Some secure services are dead including Windows firewall and secure tools technicians would give you.
Steps to Unblock Computer from FBI ‘please connect to internet' White Screen Virus
Situation 1: able to enter into safe mode with networking
Step1.:Reboot your computer and log into Safe Mode with Networking.
Step2: Launch msconfig. and disable startup items rundll32
Click "start" —> put msconfig. in "search box" —> press Enter —> disable rundll32
Step3: Reboot your system one more time.
Step4: Run regedit. Search for Winlogon.
Click "start" —> put regedit in "search box" —> press Enter —> press and hold Ctrl+F to search for Winlogon
Step5: There will be a key labeled Shell in the right pane. It should reference Explorer.exe or be blank. If not, right click it and replace it with explorer.exe.
Step6: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items of ‘please connect to internet' FBI white screen virus
a) Click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files:
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Application Data\[random]\
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Application Data\[random]\[random].exe
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Application Data\[random]\[random].dll
- %Documents and Settings%\All Users\Application Data\[random]\[random]\
b) Open Registry Editor by pressing Windows+R keys, type regedit in Run box and click “OK” to proceed. When Registry Editor is open, search and get rid of the following registry entries:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Download “RunInvalidSignatures” = “1″
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Anti-Malware Lab″
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[random].exe″
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options “Debugger” = “svchost.exe
Situation 2: able to enter into safe mode with Command prompt
Step1.:Reboot your computer and log into safe mode with Command prompt.
Step2.: type 'explore' and hit Enter key to see if you are able to see the desktop
then follow steps 7 depicted above.
Situation 3: unable to enter into any safe mode
Step1.:Reboot your computer and log into 'Repair Your PC'
Step2.:follow steps 7 depicted above.
PS: if you own Windows 8, please read the post here to know how to enter into safe mode with networking there.
‘please connect to internet’ white screen lock down virus manages to open up a backdoor in your system, that's why you may fail to remove it if you have kept the virus for a while. New characteristics are added to FBI lock down virus, therefore situation can be different. But no worries, Tee Support Help Center is working around the clock.