How ‘ads not by this site’ commits harms to you and your computer: Yes! ads not by this site pop up adware is able to remember what you have been, what’s worse, you cannot seem to stop it from doing this.
As a matter of fact, ads not by this site popup is more than a browser malware, it re-configure systematic settings including browser’s to avoid being easily removed from your system. Any random and arbitrary modification can cause mess on your system as adware like ‘ads not by this site’ has made a loophole/vulnerability by deleting systematic items and adding corrupt files. If you run some cookie remove program, you will catch a number of them because they are passed through that loophole. Of course other types of malware can also take advantage of that loophole to get into the computer, including toolbar virus, search engine virus, fake anti-virus programs, etc.. To quickly remove ‘ads not by this site’ and ‘ads not by Google’ (if you have it), you are welcome to follow the steps below.
2 Efficient Removal Solutions
Solution A: Remove Ads Not by This Site Manually
1. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of ads not by this site.
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by ads not by this site:
- C:\Users\user account\Appdata\Local
- C:\Users\user account\Appdata\Local\Temp
- C:\Users\user account\Appdata\Roaming
3. Delete all registry values related to ads not by this site in your local hard disk C.
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main
Don't forget to cleanse your browser
1. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
2. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
Solution B: Remove Ads Not by This Site automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Ads Not by This Site
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.