Review on Websearch.helpmefindyour.info
‘I found websearch.helpmefindyour.info. on my computer. It does not show up in Norton full scan and the eraser add-on. I searched Google for it and found that it is something I don't want to keep. How do I get rid of it?? I have run spybot search and destroy and it don't find it either. ’ – by one of its victims.
You are forced to use websearch.helpmefindyour.info’s lame search engine for surfing instead of default one and to face it the time you open up browser? No doubt that your browser is attacked by websearch.helpmefindyour.info redirect. However, there are some consider websearch.helpmefindyour.info as a useful search engine as it take you to some sites offering free online scan and helping you find out threats that are not detected by installed security utilities.
As a matter of fact, you are trapped by none-existent virus to purchase some so-called anti-virus or anti-spyware programs, turning your precious machine into a junk and virus container.
Alert when Getting Websearch.helpmefindyour.info
Websearch.helpmefindyour.info manages to track down your information easily. If you take a closer look at URL address of search results, you’ll find that websearch.helpmefindyour.info is hovering around all the time. It has been fund by Tee Support Lab that websearch.helpmefindyour.info search engine virus opens a backdoor to load down tracking cookies, sometimes the amount of cookies can be astounded, which is why some people get a slower computer day by day and can’t figure out why. With its elusive nature, PC users are unable to dig it out and destroy it. Follow up the steps below, you may stand a chance to help yourself out. If you have scruple because you are not that computer techie, you are welcome to live chat for support 24/7 online here.
Easy Steps to Help Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info
1. Get into the Safe Mode with Networking
Reboot your computer. As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to highlight "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press Enter key.
2. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of websearch.helpmefindyour.info redirect:
3. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
4. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
5. Show hidden files
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by websearch.helpmefindyour.info:
6. Open Windows Task Manager and close all Websearch.helpmefindyour.info's running processes.
Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
7. Delete all registry values related to websearch.helpmefindyour.info in your local hard disk C.
Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components\random
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Installer\Products\5ATIUYW62OUOMNBX256 “(Default)”=”1?
Video Sample Guide on How to Remove Websearch.helpmefindyour.info
Important tips: should you get pop ups and additional redirect issue, your information may have been exposed to other spammers or the backdoor is wide enough to make your computer more susceptible to virus. Therefore, you have to seize the time to regain your healthy machine. Any entangled puzzle can be solved by Tee Support technicians 24/7 online in a minute.