It is found that start search has another variant which is startsearch.us. We now put their interface here for you to have a glance at it:
Many people want start search redirect dead badly because they are well informed of its capability of doing evil things as listed here:
- Reconfigure settings of both system and browser;
- Replace default homepage and block you from changing it back;
- Force you to use start search engine instead default one;
- Add start search toolbar without asking for your permission;
- Track down your whereabouts so as to steal your privacy to resell it for excessive amount of money;
- Give chances for additional virus in the wild to attack the compromised machine;
- Cause crashes to both computer and browser;
- Triggers error messages because start search redirect manages to corrupt and delete critical files and folders.
However, most of victims fail to stop start search from redirecting with various program. What to be noted is that anti-virus program is always needed to ward off ordinary virus, but when encounter with intrusive one such as start search and metropolitan police virus, manual approach is the top option. Just table solutions by programs and focus on manual approach to regain healthy machine fast. Follow the steps below to give yourself a shot at retrieving smoothly run machine.
How to Remove Start Search Easily?
Plan A: Remove Start Search Manually1. Get into the Safe Mode with Networking
Reboot your computer. As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to highlight "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press Enter key.
2. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of startsearch.
3. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
4. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
5. Show hidden files
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by startsearch:
6. Open Windows Task Manager and close all startsearch running processes.
Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
7. Delete all registry values related to startsearch in your local hard disk C.
Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce\ HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PAV HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internetsettings 'ProxyOverride' = ''
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\InternetSettings 'ProxyEnable' = '1'
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies \System\DisableTaskMgr
Good for you: Wanna make the removal of Start Search easier? Dare to try something new? Spyhunter can not only remove Start Search completely for you but also protect your computer from addtional malware like trojan, spyware and ransomware. Download and install Spyunter rigth away!
Plan B: Remove Start Search automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download Free SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Start Search
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
Are you thinking about making the Start Search removal 1 stone 2 birds happen? There is actually one antivirus program can help you. Download and install Spyhunter to remove Start Search and protect your computer in the futher!