What Basicseek.com Redirect Does?
To get a direct perspective on what basicseek does, please read the quotation below:
‘whenever I try to do a search in the omnibox (the address bar that sits at the top of the browser window), it direct me to a basicseek search that I can’t get rid of. I’ve already tried to change the omnibox settings to default search with google, but it hasn’t gotten rid of it.’
Here's the screenshot of basicseek.com:
Basicseek.com is a deceiving page that you are suggested to get rid of now before it is too late. Please don’t throw away the best fix time by constantly working hard with programs. You can’t believe how strong and arbitrary basicseek search engine virus is:
- Your main browser window loads various unknown sites with advertisements;
- Multiple pop ups flooding your computer screen (affects any browser type and version);
- Encrypts files containing pivotal information;
- Alleviates installation of other malware;
- Allows unauthorized accession to your computer;
- Drops bunches of files, processes and registries to drag down PC performance;
- Causes browser crashes;
- Freezes up tasks sometimes;
- Changes your browser settings, replaces the default page with basicseek.com, and prevents user from modifying it;
- Connects basicseek itself to the internet;
- Stays resident in background;
- Blocks certain sites that offer security utilities;
- Modifies HOSTS files.
2 Amazing Suggestions for Removing Basicseek.com Redirect
Suggestion A: Remove Basicseek.com Redirect Manually
1. Get into the Safe Mode with Networking
Reboot your computer. As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to highlight "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press Enter key.
2. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of basicseek.com
3. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
4. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
5. Show hidden files
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by basicseek:
6. Open Windows Task Manager and close all basicseek's running processes.
step: Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
7. Delete all registry values related to basicseek.com in your local hard disk C.
step: Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.
“EnableShellExecuteHooks”= 1 (0×1)
Attention: Too busy to follow the manual removal solutions? Would you like Search.easylife to be gone automatically and permanently? Why not just Download and Install Spyhunter to make it come true?
Suggestion B: Remove Basicseek.com Redirect automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to Download and Install Spyhunter to deal with your computer issue.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Basicseek.com Redirect
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
Friendly Reminder:Spyhunter will always be your first and wise choice to protect your computer. It literally can remove Basicseek.com Redirect and prevent the future infection.Download and Install Free Spyhunter without any hesitation!
>> Check out your computer with the free antivirus program
>> Scan your computer with the amazing security tool