What Is Wise Convert Toolbar
Wise convert is a program that would simply save the trouble to install it since it is a BHO capable of falsifying browser settings and stay still. We detected that wise convert managed to arouse redirect problem to its page (wiseconvert.com). But the most evil thing wise convert does to get people want it off the computer so badly is that the toolbar arbitrarily take the errands to search results for the owner no matter what you intended to use.
Is Wise Convert Toolbar Safe?
Technically, no. To stay in the system and refuse to be removed will place the computer in perilous situation, because pushy key values could degrade security defense and thus lead to more virus installation without consent. Besides, if you ever take notice, you’ll see that what wise convert toolbar takes you to are mostly not related to the key word but commercial promotion instead.
If you happened to click on those ads, additional virus will be added and usually tracking cookies will be loaded down along with those virus trying to gather your privacy to earn money.
Have you ever noticed that the overall PC performance is sliced down a lot after you get infected with wise convert toolbar? The unpleasant situation is ascribed to the loophole through which junks concealed within sites. You may find out if you run a full scan when you notice sluggish PC performance and you may get the scan crashed with numerous cookies or junks.
How to Remove Wise Convert Easily?
Plan A: Remove Wise Convert Manually1. Get into the Safe Mode with Networking
step: Reboot your computer. As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to highlight "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press Enter key.
2. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of wise convert toolbar:
3. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
4. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
5. Show hidden files
step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by wise convert:
6. Open Windows Task Manager and close all wise convert running processes.
step: Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
7. Delete all registry values related to wise convert toolbar in your local hard disk C.
step: Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.
Plan B: Remove Wise Convert automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download Free SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Wise Convert
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
Are you thinking about making the Wise Convert removal 1 stone 2 birds happen? There is actually one antivirus program can help you. Download and install Spyhunter to remove Wise Convert and protect your computer in the futher!