Keep Ending up at Startpins.com
Here’s one complaint:
‘When I open Chrome, something called "startpins.com/?" is my opening page - even though I have instructed Google to be my homepage. For extra info - this does not happen when I open firefox, but firefox is slower than usual.
When I try to download something, such as the latest version of Flash (amongst other things), a Error pops up.’
Apparently, startpins does not only block smooth searching but also replaces default homepage, slows down page-loading speed, and seems to upset installation of normal programs.
Here’s the screenshot of startpins virus:
What Damages can Startpins.com Make?
With its successful settlement on the target computer, its registry keys are forcing the original ones to be changed. That’s why you get a different homepage. Well, there are some people that would like to use startpins.com as a search engine because you can see from the above interface that it put up famous sites right under its search bar, appearing to serve as a convenient program. Also, unsolicited startpins toolbar’s installation is ascribed to those aggressive key values. If you keep searching with startpins.com or its toolbar, you’ll expose your information on privacy totally just like you chit-chat with an intimate and you totally don’t know how. If you look closer, you’ll see that every page you go is startpins domain-based. To make it clearer, you are being stalked!
Startpins.com redirect can do more than that. It also tries to attack DLL files, which is why some people get error popping up when try to remove it forcibly or when try to download additional security utilities.
Noticeably, when every thing’s in place, a backdoor is ready to make the compromised system a container allowing junks stockpile there, which is the exact reason why you get a slower computer. We need to remove those junks to avoid them evoke startpins after its removal. Also a backdoor can also be easily exploited by other intrusive viruses that are sensitive to loopholes. So we have to hurry up to get Startpins.com down before it causes too many troubles.
2 Amazing Suggestions for Removing Startpins.com
Suggestion A: Remove Startpins.com Manually
1. Get into the Safe Mode with Networking
step: Reboot your computer. As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to highlight "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press Enter key.
2. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of startpins.com:
3. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
4. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
5. Show hidden files
step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by startpins:
6. Open Windows Task Manager and close all startpins running processes.
step: Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
7. Delete all registry values related to startpins.com in your local hard disk C.
step: Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftInternet ExplorerToolbar “[trojan name]”
Attention: Too busy to follow the manual removal solutions? Would you like Search.easylife to be gone automatically and permanently? Why not just Download and Install Spyhunter to make it come true?
Suggestion B: Remove Startpins.com automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to Download and Install Spyhunter to deal with your computer issue.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Startpins.com
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
Friendly Reminder:Spyhunter will always be your first and wise choice to protect your computer. It literally can remove Startpins.com and prevent the future infection.Download and Install Free Spyhunter without any hesitation!
>> Check out your computer with the free antivirus program
>> Scan your computer with the amazing security tool