Is it Safe to Download ILivid?
ILivid appears to be a free video downloader that is far from virus. However, if you ever downloaded, you may confront with unexpected troubles that resemble what is complained in the report below:
‘I am furious that Norton calls ilivid safe!!! I wanted to watch a webinar and the thing downloaded without any real permission or terms of agreement etc. It just took over my computer. It changed my search browsers in IE, Mozilla and Chrome...it added toolbars and taskbars, it went in and reset my System Restore so I could not get rid of the junk that way and it also installed a bunch of programs under the words bando media, ilivid, datamgnr, searchqu and searchnu, even "searchresults" is used.. I uninstalled everything I could find but it lurked in my program files and I could not get rid of it without going to a tech wizard who had to go in the registry to remove it. (These guys are really crafty, they morph and change their names...dates...all of it).’
It is obvious now that ilivid is a deceitful browser hijacker which allow additional virus in and you should know that ilivid.com is also an aggressive one that manages to settle down even if you didn’t complete its download. Here’s the complaint:
‘However, that didn't prevent it from getting files on my computer. Files, which I CANNOT DELETE! Each time i search "iLivid" through the search in my Start Bar(Windows Vista Home Edition), all these iLivid related folders come up. I right click "delete" on them, they go off to the recycling bin, and I empty the bin. However, upon doing a second "iLivid" search just to be safe, I see all the same exact folders are back. Keep in mind, these aren't in "Uninstall/Change a Program".’
How is it possible? The time you click on download, ilivid starts its infiltration. As for the download interface, it is no more than a cover. Believe it or not, Tee Support Lab has found that ilivid can be your homepage without any hint anytime if you get vulnerability on your web apps. When in, ilivid attaches its registry values to falsify configuration, arousing worse-case scenario that the computer is filled with various virus like what listed in the first complaint and unknown junks, making the machine run poorly.
How to Remove ILivid Easily?
Plan A: Remove ILivid Manually1. Get into the Safe Mode with Networking
step: Reboot your computer. As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to highlight "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press Enter key.
2. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of iLivid.com:
3. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
4. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
5. Show hidden files
step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by ILivid:
6. Open Windows Task Manager and close all iLivid running processes.
step: Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
7. Delete all registry values related to ILivid.com in your local hard disk C.
step: Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon "Shell" = "[random].exe"
Plan B: Remove ILivid automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download Free SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block ILivid
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
Are you thinking about making the ILivid removal 1 stone 2 birds happen? There is actually one antivirus program can help you. Download and install Spyhunter to remove ILivid and protect your computer in the futher!