It is believed that searchnu engine and its toolbar have been already well known to most of PC users. People hijacked by searchnu may encounter the annoying situation that any clicked link redirects regardless of what search engine the user is intended.
Searchnu is such a stubborn and aggressive one that has contracts many people and plagued them for quite a long time. The browser malware even unleashes furious attacks and survives traditional removal. Here’s the report from one of its victims:
‘My Firefox browaer starts with searchnu rather than Google. When I try to reset it it says that the searchnu tool bar has not allowed the change to take place. How do I step by step remove this malware program. My pc tools won't remove it’
It is crystal clear that searchnu knows well how security defense works and how most of people would try to fix so that searchnu.com virus can not only take control of installed browser but also maneuver installed security tools.
Potential Harms by Searchnu.com
- Backdoor opened by searchnu.com gives a chance for tracking cookies to be loaded down for privacy theft;
- Loophole made after searchnu falsifies system configuration can be exploited to convey junks, making overall PC performance to be considerably sliced down;
- Weakened security by searchnu malware would lead to a compromised machine that is easily suspected to virus in the wild;
- Unwanted commercial pop ups flood browser;
- Crashes happen from time to time;
- Unsolicited access from third party is made possible.
2 Amazing Suggestions for Removing Searchnu Redirect
Suggestion A: Remove Searchnu Redirect Manually
1. Get into the Safe Mode with Networking
step: Reboot your computer. As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to highlight "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press Enter key.
2. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of searchnu.com:
3. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
4. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
5. Show hidden files
step: a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by searchnu:
6. Open Windows Task Manager and close all searchnu running processes.
step: Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
7. Delete all registry values related to searchnu.com in your local hard disk C.
step: Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\”Shell” = “[random].exe”
Attention: Too busy to follow the manual removal solutions? Would you like Search.easylife to be gone automatically and permanently? Why not just Download and Install Spyhunter to make it come true?
Suggestion B: Remove Searchnu Redirect automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to Download and Install Spyhunter to deal with your computer issue.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Searchnu Redirect
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
Friendly Reminder:Spyhunter will always be your first and wise choice to protect your computer. It literally can remove Searchnu Redirect and prevent the future infection.Download and Install Free Spyhunter without any hesitation!
>> Check out your computer with the free antivirus program
>> Scan your computer with the amazing security tool