A victim's WordsI have been plagued with "Yahoo Safefinder" constantly changing my homepage on my browsers (Chrome and IE).
Yahoo Safefinder is not welcome.
Yahoo Safefinder is deemed as a browser hijacker designed to replace your default homepage, promoting its sponsored products and gaining traffic for them. It targets at browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer. Once it is installed, the modification of browsers default settings like search provider and homepage.
It tricks you as a bundled component.
This is how this nasty browser hijacker gets on your computer. It disguises itself as a bundled component of your desired freeware or shareware from the internet. When you are installing the wanted freeware, Yahoo Safefinder is also installed in the background as a part of the freeware.
An ad Injector
It not only keeps redirecting you to spam websites, it also injects a wide variety of ads, coupons and banners on the webpage you open.
It compromises your computer and makes your computer vulnerable for the additional malware like trojan, spyware and ransomware.
Your personal sensitive information, such as browsing habits, credit card details and account log in details, can be stolen for the marketing.
You will notice that your computer is getting slower and slower, which is due to Yahoo Safefinder runs amounts of processes in the background taking up the system resource.
You should know:
Considering the security of your computer and your personal information on the computer, strong measures must be taken to completely remove Yahoo Safefinder out of your computer right now. Remove it manually or uninstall it automatically with the strong Spyhunter.
Time to sentence the death of Yahoo Safefinder
Solution 1: Remove Yahoo Safefinder Manually
1) Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys together to pull up Window Task Manager and end suspicious processes:
2) Check the following directories and remove all these associated files:
%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\.exe%UserProfile%\Desktop\ Yahoo Safefinder%UserProfile%\Start Menu\Programs\ Yahoo Safefinder
3) Reset your infected browsers (take IE as example). Open Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu and then select Internet Options. In the Internet Options window click on the Advanced tab. Then click on the Reset, check Delete personal settings. Then click Reset.
4) Disable any suspicious startup items that are made by infections. For Windows Xp: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the Run box -> click Ok to open the System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated. For Windows Vista or Windows7: click start menu->type msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items generated.
For win8: Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete or Ctrl+Shift+Esc >> Click Task Manager >> More details >> Startup tab >> click on the items you would like to disable >> Click Disable
Solution 2: Remove Yahoo Safefinder automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Yahoo Safefinder
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.