Victims’ complaining:Hi I picked up the RightSurf malware infection and can't seem to remove it. I have already run Malwarebytes which showed that it was gone and when I went to uninstall programs it said that it was already uninstalled, but I keep getting the pop ups on every web page I open and another search suggestion pop up on the side of the web page. I definitely appreciate any and all help. Thanks.
When I downloaded the latest version of Firefox today, I got very annoying malware.I found another user with the same problem. Ifound an add on called RightSurf which I could not delete. On another site I found RightSurf described as malware. McAfee does not see it. RegCure Pro does not see it. How do I delete it ? I had to uninstall Firefox because I cannot use it.
What is RightSurf?RightSurf is classified as an adware as well as a platform for displaying ads, coupons and banners. RightSurf can be attached to browsers like Google chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer as an extension or an add-on. Once it is installed, it modifies browser default settings like search engine. To ensure its auto-popping up, it places its registry entries to the kernel part of the computer system. You have to suffer that every webpage is inserted ads by RightSurf every time you open your browser.
RightSurf is acting like an immortal thing.Victims claimed that they have tried to delete the related extension many times and also tried to uninstall the hacked browser and reinstall it, however, RightSurf comes back every time without any difficulty even it is claimed that it is uninstalled. Besides, antivirus programs are helpless when encountering RightSurf.
How RightSurf gets on your computer?Typically, it comes together with your wanted free software which can be browser installers and video players as a bundled component. You have to be very prudent with the download sites and the procedure of installing. You are advised to go to official sites to download and choose Customize Installation to cancel additional terms and bundled components.
Harms of RightSurf1) RightSurf collects your browsing history to pop up related ads in order to attract your to click on them. The ads may be planted with viruses. Therefore, it is better to get away from the ads.
2) RightSurf may communicate with remote cyber criminals.
3) RightSurf may drop additional malware onto your computer since it is compromised.
4) Your sensitive information like private account log in details may be exposed.
As you can see, RightSurf is such a pest to your computer, you are highly recommended to remove it at the first moment you detect it. Please remove it by following the manual solution below.
Efficient Removal Solution Details
Solution 1: Remove RightSurf Manually
A: Go to Control Panel and delete RightSurf from Add & Remove program
1. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
2. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
3. Click on Program
4. Click Add & Remove Program
5. Find RightSurf list and select Remove
6. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
B: Show all hidden files
1. Close all programs so that you are at your desktop.
2. Click on the Start button. This is the small round button with the Windows flag in the lower left corner.
3. Click on the Control Panel menu option.
4. When the control panel opens click on the Appearance and Personalization link.
5. Under the Folder Options category, click on Show Hidden Files or Folders.
6. Under the Hidden files and folders section select the radio button labeled Show hidden files, folders, or drives.
7. Remove the checkmark from the checkbox labeled Hide protected operating system files (Recommended).
8. Press the Apply button and then the OK button.
C: Press CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open the Windows Task Manager. Click on the “Processes” tab, search RightSurf then right-click it and select “End Process” key.
D: Click “Start” button and selecting “Run.” Type “regedit” into the box and click “OK” to delete all RightSurf registries
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings “CertificateRevocation” =Random
E: Remove all RightSurf associated files
F： Restart your computer to check if RightSurf is completely removed.
Solution 2: Remove RightSurf automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block RightSurf
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.