Detections of Bad Image Error
All of a sudden, you get 'program name.exe - Bad Image’ when you open some programs. Some other of your applications would bring up a bad image error in reference to the .dll files at the same time. With that, you get more error messages like not responding error by windows explorer.
Why Would Bad Image Error Occur?
There are several situations to incur bad image error:
1) We have noticed that most PC users suffering from invalid image error had gotten virus before. Because of an incomplete removal of previous virus, you will get bad image error referencing some .dll files which stays in the place where the previous virus has been to.
2) some services or files are randomly deleted by some arbitrary registry entries which can belong to popup adware, fake anti-virus programs, shareware, freeware, etc.. In other word, you may get some potentially dangerous program or vicious items on your machine.
ATTENTION: some victims are asked to install something by Bad Image error. The pop-up basically says: Bad Image and that you need to reinstall basically all of your programs, followed by a C;\windows\system32\ .dll file. Some victims would fall into the trap simply because they eagerly want their computer back to work properly again as they are unable to access any programs including browser.
How Dangerous Is Bad Image Error?
Some victims would consider bad image acts no more than a difficult-to-deal-with error problem. We should arouse your attention that the bad image error needs to be immediately fixed so as to avoid getting more malevolent virus:
- system restore fails and even cannot be accessed;
- A bad image box that pops up every time you turn on your machine;
- Computer that has bad image error just freezes and goes to a blue screen as soon as Windows is loaded;
- Different and random .dll files are referenced by bad image error message and it is implying that your installation diskette is disabled to some extent.
You may have your programs workable in safe mode, but which will not help fix the problem. Be noticed that such error message virus usually use rookit method to secretly spread something bad widely. In other word, you may start to get access problems if you determine to live with bad image error message for quite a while.
Steps to Fix Error Problem
Solution 1: Fix Bad Image Error Manually
Step1: please backup your important files and folders before fixing bad image error
You can either back up your file by using an external hard drive or USB stick
Step2: type cmd in the run box to bring up a little black window -> type sfc /scannow to scan system files and see if they are integrated -> repair problem files.
Step 3: scan with your installed anti-virus program to remove anything detected.
Step 4: re-manage your database (registry)
Either of you can rectify registry entries yourself manually or to channel a complete one into the problem computer
Step A. Download fixing tool SpyHunter
Solution 2: Fix Bad Image Error automatically (with SpyHunter)
1) Click here or the icon below to download SpyHunter automatically.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to fix Bad Image Error
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
(You may also be supposed to optimize your computer with RegCure Pro which can deeply figure out and fix various windows registry errors so as to avoid potential risk, as well as to ensure your computer security.)
Step C. Download PC optimizer RegCure Pro
1) Click here or the icon to download RegCure Pro
2) Follow the instructions to install RegCure Pro
Step D. Run RegCure Pro to optimize your PC