How Bad is Websearch.good-results.info
‘This has taken over my browsers when I open a new tab. Everything on web says its bad and to remove but I can figure it out windows defender does not seem to think it is bad because it does not detect it. I do not know how I got it but I want it gone I have even gone through all of my files and can not find it. I can not seem to find it running in task manager so I can not stop the process. ’
Here’s the screenshot of websearch.good-results.info:
Like any aggressive and powerful browser malware, websearch.good-results.info manages to convince installed security programs that it is safe while it make PC users suffered from bad surfing experience with choppy browsing and annoying pop ups. Judged from the above said by one of its victims, it is crystal clear that websearch.good-results.info has hidden all its trace to prevent from detection and deletion. What are those intended conducts for?
Websearch.good-results.info slips past installed security tools in a bid to gain your trust so as to avoid timely deletion on one hand and make PC users willing to use websearch.good-results.info for searching which will help to trail users’ confidential information for money on the other hand. Websearch.good-results.info has another capability to open up a backdoor. The backdoor can be utilized to do many evil things:
- Load down tracking cookies;
- Convey complementary components and other junks in the process;
- Receive additional commands for further damage;
- Being exploited by any type of virus that founds it for penetration.
2 Amazing Suggestions for Removing Websearch.good-results.info Redirect
Suggestion A: Remove Websearch.good-results.info Redirect Manually
1. Get into the Safe Mode with Networking
Reboot your computer. As the computer is booting but before Windows launches, tap the "F8 key" continuously which should bring up the "Windows Advanced Options Menu" as shown below. Use your arrow keys to highlight "Safe Mode with Networking" option and press Enter key.
2. Disable any suspicious startup items.
For Windows XP:
step: Click Start menu -> click Run -> type: msconfig in the search bar -> open System Configuration Utility -> Disable all possible startup items including those of websearch.good-results.info:
3. Remove add-ons:
1) Go to Tools -> ‘Manage Add-ons’;
2) Choose ‘Search Providers’ -> choose ‘Bing’ search engine or ‘Google’ search engine and make it default;
3) Select ‘Search Results’ and click ‘Remove’ to remove it;
4) Go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Internet Options’; select ‘General tab’ and click website, e.g. Google.com. Click OK to save changes.
1) Click on ‘Customize and control’ Google Chrome icon, select ‘Settings’;
2) Choose ‘Basic Options’;
3) Change Google Chrome’s homepage to google.com or any other and click the ‘Manage Search Engines…’ button;
4) Select ‘Google’ from the list and make it your default search engine;
5) Select ‘Search Result’ from the list to remove it by clicking the ‘X’ mark.
1) Click on the magnifier’s icon and select ‘Manage Search Engine…’;
2) Choose ‘Search Results’ from the list and click ‘Remove’ and OK to save changes;
3) Go to ‘Tools’ -> “Options”. Reset the startup homepage or change it to google.com under ‘General tab;
4. Disable proxy
- Click on Tools on the menu bar
- select Internet options
- go to Connections tab
- select LAN settings at the bottom of the dialog
- under the Proxy sever, untick 'use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections).'
- Click OK
5. Show hidden files
a) open Control Panel from Start menu and search for Folder Options;
b) under View tab to tick Show hidden files and folders and non-tick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) and then click OK;
c) click on the “Start” menu and then click on the “Search programs and files” box, Search for and delete these files created by websearch.good-results.info:
%Documents and Settings%\All Users\Application Data\[random].dat
C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Application Data\[random]
C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
C:\Documents and Settings\[user name]\Local Settings\Temp
6. Open Windows Task Manager and close all websearch.good-results.info running processes.
Use CTRL+ALT+DEL combination to open Task Manager
7. Delete all registry values related towebsearch.good-results.info in your local hard disk C.
Hold down the Windows key on your keyboard and press the "R" button. Type in "regedit" and hit "Enter" to gain access to the Registry Editor.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\[random numbers]
Attention: Too busy to follow the manual removal solutions? Would you like Search.easylife to be gone automatically and permanently? Why not just Download and Install Spyhunter to make it come true?
Suggestion B: Remove Websearch.good-results.info Redirect automatically (with SpyHunter)
Step A. Download removal tool SpyHunter
1) Click here or the icon below to Download and Install Spyhunter to deal with your computer issue.
2) Follow the instructions to install SpyHunter
Step B. Run SpyHunter to block Websearch.good-results.info Redirect
Run SpyHunter and click "Malware Scan" button to scan your computer, after detect this unwanted program, clean up relevant files and entries completely.
Step C. Restart your computer to take effect.
Friendly Reminder:Spyhunter will always be your first and wise choice to protect your computer. It literally can remove Websearch.good-results.info Redirect and prevent the future infection.Download and Install Free Spyhunter without any hesitation!
>> Check out your computer with the free antivirus program
>> Scan your computer with the amazing security tool